All Gardening With Harmony Entries

Composting 101

What is compost?  Compost is the world’s richest soil and is typically made in backyards.  Vegetables and plants that are grown in compost have the highest nutritional density of all foods on earth.  The healthiest human bodies come from the healthiest foods and the healthiest foods come from the healthiest soil, otherwise known as compost.  …

TerraCycle: Treecycle

How Composting Really Makes a Difference

Many of us think of composting as a smelly, dirty thing. We picture vegetable peels, animal manure, and all other organic material that sits together and gathers unthinkable odors after some time. While there is truth to this—getting involved in nature can be a messy endeavor—the benefits significantly outweigh any preconceived notions we may have …

Ecosia: Center Button

Hydroponics to Provide Produce and Help Rescued Fish

In view of the dangers associated with consuming GMO foods which are laced with the cancer causing chemical glyphosate, many are choosing to grow their own food.Growing your own ensures that you control what goes on your food.  You can avoid chemicals like herbicides and pesticides by growing your own food.  Growing your own veggies …

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

Rain Water Harvesting

Water is our most precious resource.  About 97 percent of the world’s water is too salty to serve the human and insect species because it is too salty.  This leaves about 3 percent freshwater for man, animals and insects.  Of that 3 percent of freshwater. only 1 percent is available to us because about 2 …

Ecosia: Center Button